Monday, May 11, 2009

Kaelyn is 6!

Today is Kaelyn's 6th birthday! She is so excited. She came into my room this morning at 6:30 am and asked if it was her "real" birthday. When I said yes, she jumped for joy saying now I am really 6 years old! I can't believe that my little baby girl is really 6. It is miraculously amazing! 5 years ago on this date we were told she only had a 30% chance of surviving to her second birthday. Look where we are today! I thank God every day for that girl and her spunk. What a wonderful day for a party!

As far as liver issues go, she is doing great. Her labs are beautifully normal. She went back to school today and had a wonderful time. She doesn't even seem to be a bit tired. That may be due to birthday adrenaline, but I will take it!

Lots of love to you all,

Angie

5 comments:

Meesha said...

Hooray for 6 yr olds! Mine has been following Kaelyn's story for the last several weeks. She remembers meeting her last summer. When she saw me reading your blog one day she asked me about it, and ever since then she says "Let's check on Kaelyn" nearly every day. So thanks for the updates. I'm glad things are going so well now. I hope we'll get to see you in June.
Love Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaelyn

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kaelyn !!

nurse practitioner Keli

Michelle said...

Hey Angie =) Your blog just breaks my heart every time I read it! You guys have been through so much... my heart goes out to you over and over again. Happy (late) birthday to your sweet little miracle girl Kaelyn... and many, many more!

Love you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I am so happy that you posted an update and pictures too! They were great!
Love ya
Mom