Sunday, August 09, 2009

Busy summer

I can't believe that it is already August! The kids start school in two weeks (and so do I :P). We have had quite a fun, active summer. We have been camping, gone to Lagoon (the local Amusement park), been swimming a few times and so much more! Jacob went to Robotics camp a few weeks ago and loved it. He is my little engineer that is for sure. He really loves building and programming things. He wants to be a rocket scientist and a veterinarian when he grows up! Who knows, maybe someday we will need a rocket scientist veterinarian. His 9th birthday is in two weeks...can you believe that! He is very excited.

Kaelyn has been doing pretty well also. She has played and played and played. It will be an interesting transition into 1st grade. Full-time school can be a downer in the play department! I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks. Liver wise, she is doing amazing. No problems. I haven't been able to say that, in well....never!

I just started a new job two weeks ago. It has been really hard on me to leave the kids and go work. I didn't think it would affect me this much, but I really miss them. I guess I thought they would miss me too, but not the case. I come home and they say hi mom, and then go back to what they were doing. What did I expect? Them to run up to me and kiss and hug me until I turned blue and never let go? Yup...I guess I did. But I will adjust....this is one step closer to me being a nurse and it is well worth my aching heart. This job will pay for all of my nursing school and supplies, and I get priority registration into the nursing program when I get my prereq's done. One more year, and then I will be an official nursing student, two years after that, I will be an RN. Dreams are hard work!

I will update after school starts in a few weeks. Both kids in full time school...what a milestone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Angie, you are going to be a GREAT nurse. I am so thrilled for you.

take care,
Keli Hansen

Anonymous said...

Is this Angie Young that rode horses all through school and did the trail rides with the FFA in Tooele Ut? If so this is Melinda Friend (Minday...) that I use to go to school with you. If you would like please email me! alaskagirl2007@hotmail.com. Your family is amazing and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Is this Angie Young that rode horses all through school and did the trail rides with the FFA in Tooele Ut? If so this is Melinda Friend (Minday...) that I use to go to school with you. If you would like please email me! alaskagirl2007@hotmail.com. Your family is amazing and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lisa R.D. said...

I can totally relate on the work transition... the first time I picked up my kids Coleman said, "Aw, can we stay longer, mom?" I thought he'd be weeping with joy to see me. I'm glad they are old enough to do okay without me, but it doesn't make it any harder to leave them. You are doing really well with balancing it all though... it sounds like you've been able to fit in a whole lot of fun this summer!