Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not going to OR

Dr Healey and Reyes have decided to not take Kaelyn back into the OR to try and clear the artery. They believe that the time for now is to just wait and see if the flow will return. This is extremely frustrating, though I know that they really cannot do much about it. I kindof glazed out the rest of rounds this morning. I think my brain just could not handle any more. So I am going to have a dr. come in and explain to Wade what was decided, because he really needs and wants to know everything that was said.

Kaelyn did have a fever all last night and her tummy was red and hot to the touch. So they sent off more cultures to see if she has an infection. She already has a yeast infection in her abdomen. So they broadened her antibiotic coverage to try and cover her for anything. All in all she is on 5 different antibiotics.

Her DNA testing will come back on Thursday to see if she has any kind of clotting disorder. Her Hemetologist (which coincidentally is the same as her Oncologist, Dr. Thomson) came in yesterday and mentioned that she thought that possibility of her have coagulation disorders is rare considering she had her port in for almost two years with no problems. So we will see.

I believe that it is all in Heavenly Fathers hands now. It has always been, but I am realizing that we have done all we can. Please continue in prayer for Kaelyn.

Angie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I believe that it is all in Heavenly Fathers hands now."

Those are no small hands to be in.