Thursday, September 07, 2006

Resting...

Kaelyn is having a day of rest. She hasn't had much going on today. Which is good for her, give her some time to heal and get rid of some of the excess fluid in her body. The docs say that when her edema goes down some they are going to close her abdomen the rest of the way. That could possibly be in a few days. Her LFT's are slowly coming down, another good sign that her liver is beginning to heal. I did not get a chance to view her ultrasound today, but the surgeons are assuring me that it should be fine based on what they saw in the OR yesterday.

It is so hard for me (Angie) not not hear Kaelyn's sweet little voice and to see her so still. I miss her! I know this is all for her good, but I can't wait until she is talking and able to get around a little. Hopefully next week.

I am home tonight with Jacob, while Wade is spending the night with Kaelyn in the PICU. Jacob started 1st grade yesterday! He really enjoyed it and said he made one new friend, though he couldn't remember his name yet! He likes his teacher. He said most of what he did today was learn more rules. But he had PE yesteday and tomorrow, his favorite subject!

Love to all,

Angie

No comments: