Monday, October 02, 2006

news...

Well, we all hope and pray for good news, but sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we all hope. Kaelyn's liver numbers are on the rise, doubling everyday. We had an ultrasound this morning. The good news is, we still can see some flow in both right and left hepatic arteries. The not so good news is that her bile ducts are very dialated and that could mean a blockage somewhere or her liver is finally showing us the damage that may be going on. Tomorrow Kaelyn is going in for a needle biopsy to make sure she is not having an episode of rejection. This is not as scary as it sounds. Rejection can be reversed very easily with about a weeks worth of IV Steroids. The other thing she is having done tomorrow is a cholangiogram. Sound familiar? She had many of these with her previous liver to check her bile ducts for flow or the lack of. She most likely will come out of surgery tomorrow with the dreaded, but ever familiar, bile drain. Hopefully they will see beautiful bile flow with no blockage, but I am not crossing my fingers.

I do apologize for the lack of updates lately. It has been really hard to get out of Kaelyn's room to a computer. Also I have been very tired, so when she is sleeping usually so am I. I will try and update tomorrow though so you all can hear the news.

Angie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think about you guys every day. I'm sorry things are tough. I don't know what to say other than you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Sending big hugs,
Megan

Anonymous said...

Thank you Angie for the update! I pray for you daily!
Love,
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for Kaelyn. Since you guys are so busy right now i will maybe come see her next week. let me know if that works.
love
ashley

Anonymous said...

Hope you know we continue to pray for you and think of you. We admire your strength and faith and hope you continue to feel peace in your lives. Love, Kenyon and Marilyn Jensen