Monday, April 20, 2009

No Surgery Today

The surgeon just came in this morning and told me that they want to postpone the surgery. So no surgery today. He said that there is a recent liver transplant patient that is not doing well, like Kaelyn did after both transplants, and needs his attention. I totally understand that. He also said that he wants to be able to dedicate plenty of time to Kaelyn's surgery and not feel rushed or get interrupted. So possibly she will go in on Friday. He said that if she is stable, they may even wait two weeks to give her time to recover from the flu (the anesthesiologists would be much happier with that scenario). I am both relieved and stressed about this! I was all ready for the surgery and the hopeful fix, but ya know, it's always good when your child isn't cut open for the day! I just hope that she is in fact stable enough to wait.

She visibly is doing much better today. Her Bilirubin is down today, not to normal, but much better then previously. She is a little less yellow and much more energetic. She currently is hiding in a nest of pillows and blankets laughing and giggling. It's good to have her back.

We may be able to go home until surgery if the docs feel she is stable enough. I will update later today after I hear what the plan is.

No comments: